Class 07: Foundation Walkthrough w/ David Gersten
For our seventh class on October 24, 2016 we met at 2pm in 414 Fdn. We were joined by David Gersten who presented on how he ended up at Cooper, and his path across many roles here, including being a student, alumni, acting dean, and longtime faculty member. He also spoke of his relationship with John Hejduk, and discussed John's approach to teaching and running a school.
David then led us on a Foundation Building walkthrough, starting from The Great Hall and winding upwards to the Printmaking studio on Floor 5, with remarks delivered throughout on architecture and Cooper history.
- Education is a human right.pdf
- Black Lobby.pdf
- Building The Cooper Union/ A Model of Education.pdf
- Cooper Union- Education is a Human Right.pdf
- Cooper Union/ great project!.pdf
- Table Black.pdf
- Prayer For A House.doc
- Removing Barriers Mobilizes Resources - The Brooklyn Rail.pdf